Thursday, October 10, 2013

A Great Time in the Tent

This week for our preschool we have been reading about how Abraham followed God's leading and left his home to travel to a new place. He lived the rest of his life in a tent. To an adult, constant travel and life in a tent doesn't sound all that appealing. To my three year old, a tent is the coolest thing ever. For the last 2-3 months as soon as E thinks about playing the first words out of her mouth are: "You want to play with me in a tent?". It seems like we have used almost every blanket/sheet in the house to play "tent".

We set up the real tent outside on Monday and spent most of the afternoon playing on the air mattress. We had two excited children. Both our girls had a blast. This idea that came from God's Little Explorers was a HUGE success. The whole family had a great time. It isn't all that often that I set aside my agenda and just play what my little girls want to play.  I was reminded today that "Interruptions" could be divine opportunities. I want to strive to let my little "interruptions" grab my attention and use these special times to invest in the lives of my children instead of getting caught up in my list of things that I want or need to accomplish. We had so much fun and I highly recommend putting other things aside for awhile and playing and playing and playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment