Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Busy December and Crazy Start to January

December was busy with visiting, baking, and other fun memory making. My three year old loved making and eating roll-out cookies, mixing chex mix, and endured frosting a few cookies before being done. We made at least three batches each of cookies and chex mix to share with friends and family.

When it was finally time to leave for Grammy and Papa's house, we were more than ready to go. We made the day long trip and were very excited to see all the family. E and A loved playing with their cousins and were sad when the trip ended.

January has started off with a lot of nose blowing, coughing and other not so fun symptoms. Each of the girls had a bout of pneumonia with the younger one suffering a case of RSV also. We had about a week and a half of very miserable little girls. Thankfully, everyone is fully recovered.

My running is progressing slowly. I have run 5 miles once, but am a long way from the half-marathon distance of 13.1 miles. This week, I have already logged 8 miles with hopes of adding a few more. My wonderful husband is being very patient with my slow progress. I am signed up for a half-marathon the first weekend in March, but will probably have to walk part of it. Please be praying that I can safely train for and complete this run.

God is gracious and I am so thankful that He provided us with a wonderful time with family over Christmas and that our girls recovered quickly from their illnesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment